As a lift owner/operator there are a raft of standards and regulation that regulate the safe operation of your lift. Below is a list (not comprehensive) of legislation which governs the safe operation of lifts in-service.
– Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
– Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
– Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992
– Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
– Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
– Disability Discrimination Act 1995
Contact BLS to advise you on the most efficient means of completing Supplementary Tests and complying with your legal requirements, regardless of lift type. Our highly skilled engineers will carry out the tests in accordance with SAFed guidelines (The Safety Assessment Federation) and Health and Safety Executive.